JLaTeXMath is a Java library. Its main purpose is to display mathematical formulas written in LaTeX. JLaTeXMath is the best Java library to display LaTeX code.
You can now follow the development of JLaTeXMath or ask for questions or requests in using the mailing-list firstname.lastname@example.org. The releases will be announced on it.
You can subscribe to this mailing-list by checking jlatexmath mailing list
The default encoding is UTF-8.
The most of LaTeX commands are available and :
- macros from amsmath and symbols from amssymb and stmaryrd;
- the TeX macro
- accents from amsxtra package;
- the macros
\fcolorboxfrom the package color;
- the macros
\scaleboxfrom the package graphicx;
- the most of latin unicode characters are available and cyrillic or greek characters are detected for the loading of the different fonts;
- the commands
- the environments
- the vertical and horizontal lines are handled in array environment;
- the commands to change the size of the font are available :
- the fonts are embedded in the jar file to be used by fop 0.95 to generate PDF, PS or EPS (SVG export with shaped fonts works fine too). Since the version 0.9.5, the fop plugin is fully compatible with fop 1.0 and xmlgraphics 1.4;
- and probably other things I forgot...
Few examples are available in the source distribution, they show how to use JLaTeXMath and for developpers how to write new commands in using Java.
A first example :
a second one :
and a third one :
JLaTeXMath is used by Scilab to display formulas wrote in LaTeX in graphic windows :
JLaTeXMath is a fork of the excellent project JMathTeX.