The goal of this toolbox is to provide a collection of functions to manage files. The main objective is to provide a more consistent API than Scilab does.
For example the Scilab/fullfile function is of limited use. Indeed, if the various parts of a file are gathere in a matrix of strings pathmatrix, the calling sequence fullfile(pathmatrix) will not work. By contrast, the calling sequence fullfile(path1,path2,path3) can be straighforwardly converted to the call file_join([path1,path2,path3]).
The file_tempfile function is not provided by Scilab. It is often used in unit tests, where we need to create unique temporary files.
The Scilab/copyfile is renamed into file_copy, which is consistent with the naming convention chosen in the current module. By contrast, Scilab uses a weird naming convention: the function, Scilab/fileext begins by "file", while Scilab/deletefile ends by "file.
The following is a list of the current functions :
- file_join : Join sub-paths from a matrix of strings.
- file_nativename : Returns the platform-specific name of a path.
- file_normalize : Returns a unique normalized path.
- file_pathtype : Returns the type of a path.
- file_split : Split the path into a matrix of strings.
- file_tempfile : Returns the name of a temporary file name suitable for writing.
- file_touch : Alter the atime and mtime of the specified files.
- integrate, rename and redesign the interesting functions from Scilab.
- This module should depend on the apifun module.
- Add unit tests.
- Copyright (C) 2010 - DIGITEO - Michael Baudin
- Copyright (c) 2008 - Michael Baudin
- Copyright (c) 2008 - Arjen Markus
This toolbox is released under the CeCILL_V2 licence :